01. Introx - 1.55
02. Journey To Triskelion - 6.02 - Download Sample
03. End Of Line - 5.19 - Download Sample
04. Message From Another Time - 6.05 - Download Sample
05. The Empath - 5.28
06. Die Hard - 5.36
07. Of The Known Universe - 6.29 - Download Sample
08. Impact - 5.40
09. Eternities - 6.29
10. The Robot Empire - 5.56 - Download Sample
11. Xuxos (Remix) - 5.57 - Download Sample
12. Outrox - 1.50
All tracks produced, composed and arranged by Michiel van der Kuy & Rob van Eijk
Executive produced by Humphrey Robertson
If you like “Message From Another Time”, take a look at this CDs:
1. A dreamy start with classic vocal choir singers and then a Symphony starts to play.
2. nice track great lead melodie, this track goes into synpop style.
3. the real AREA 51 style here! nice female vocals, strong melodies, this track is spacesynth meets trance.
4. power synth great tune nice vocoder lines as well.
5. this one has the typical koto style enjoyed this one a lot, again nice vocoder singing
6. magic sound here very simple tune with Vocoder singing has a very catchy melodie
7. Area 51 synth-power again nice vocoder singing with great melodies and features female vocals talking
8. Great tune here you can here the class of these two outstanding producers useing sequencers to the best.
9. slower tune nice track great feeling on the lead riffs and melodies
10. another nice tune with typical Area 51 sound like on Jupiter Beyond
11. What a tune! great production, very catchy melodie and synth riffs spacesynth meets Italo with the classic Laserdance computer singing sending shivers up my spine.
12 .for the ending again a nice Symphony ending with classical choir singing
extra information on tracks 7 & 8 / 3 & 4 are mixed into each other no pause in between the tracks.
Rob and Michiel have made a really good varied album here.
This album reaches up to the quality of Jupiter Beyond, in some cases it's even better, using the original path of sound with todays technology, what has made Michiel van der Kuy and Rob van Eijk so famous in the past.
Their music still continues to inspire me. What a nice idea to place a foto of their studio in the booklet
This second album Message From Another Time is throughout a perfect synthesizer dance album.
Jabdah alias Rolf Kreuzberger, Bonn, Germany
• • •
I don’t know, maybe its matter of taste of cause. But I think masters slept on they victory laure leaves. Because i‘m disappointed with this album. It’s less melodic then first Area album, got less nice vocals, got less varied melodies; some song got too strong rhythm that they sound more dance then space… I don’t know maybe it’s winter was too cold or something else.
1., 12. Intro and Outrox – sound mostly the same. I like first part. But then I heard that women solo form the first Area51 album was disappointed. I prefer to hear monk’s vocals instead some classic music solo.
2. Journey to Triskelion – this song I would call “melodramas space”. It very soft, very calm. Too much romantic for me. Haven’t feel “journey”, more feel love, poetry and etc. your don’t hear something special and amazing here. Too much average song. Only one good thing is part from beginning to 0.43 (and it’s repeating further).
3. End of Line – this time intro vocals part is OK. Part from 0.50 until 1.30 sounds amazing. But what’s this… ”end of line” …words not wrong, wrong is how they said. Singing again was not in my taste, to this song rhythm, they sounded liquid. What I did like else? Intro. Again they done best job, but do that drums part from 3.58 was so important?
4. Message from Another Time – then I first time heard, this song sample I thought that it got wrong synths, I don’t like then. Now then I hear full song, I thing they sound amazing. Listen to part from 1.30… it’s something unreal. Intro was not so special, but then came part 0.20 to 0.30 and I was stunned such nice sound. And one more strike was in 4.00, better if they use more such sound. In my opinion this is they best album song.
5. The Empath – intro? I don’t know maybe for someone it’s nice, for me chip, “bum bum” and that's all. And vocals: they tragic. I more liked melodic parts in beginning and end, then synth line. Because synth sounded boring with feeling, that this I hear somewhere before. One more average song.
6. Die Hard – well, nice electronic song. The piano part was really nice and different from the rest album. But is this real spacesynth? If it’s so, then maybe spacesynth pop. Because it sounded all song the same. Nothing more, nothing special. Maybe I would like this song if I didn’t hear vocals, they again not in may taste.
7. Of the Known Universe – I would call this song “Imminent Attack 2”: synth sounded almost the same. But maybe it’s not so bad. It helped to feel old sound of they music.
8. Impact – I like intro part, and leading synth, nice fit together. What I notice that this song got most varied melodies from all songs in albums. This is nice. This is second song in album which I liked most.
9. Eternities – intro? Same as “The Empath”, chip again. But in most, rest sounded nice. Maybe melody at all is very “hard”, but it’s not big problem. About vocal, this time I got double feeling. From one side they fit from another not much.
10. The Robot Empire – strange, why not call it “Journey to Triskelion 2”? It’s sound almost the same.
11. Xuxos - intro again was not very impressive. But leading synths sounded in my taste. Part from 1:00 amazing. Everything was ok until 1.55… this cheeping … sorry vocal, what they doing here? And I don’t liked synth part from 3:00 until 3:19. not fit to all song. This is amazing song, with amazing bad parts.
• • •
Review of the Area 51 – Message from another time album by Ronald Wennekes.
I bought the track in HollandNL – Gerrit Melody Maker send it very quickly – listen esp first thing. Very first was adapting to the various sounds, second time was amazing, this album is great. Good to hear that Michiel van der Kuy and Rob van Eijck are still producing together.
1. A intro like a movie
2. Good track, the snare is a little bit mid and loud.
3. From the first beats you know this will be a energy track , the bass will let you know. Great samples like always. The introducing (the pizzacato like) lead sound ‘a new one’. Good thing that Michiel and Rob didn’t keep hanging on only old synthsounds, refreshing it is. A perfect combination of the synthesizer sounds from the early days and nowadays. And off course the vocoder wich takes you to another time. Maybe the best track of the album, but check it youself.
4. Top track, really tells the update sound of M&R in this tittle track. 5. Bass is like, sound feels like old times. Again the vocoder makes the track sound like always.
5. A well know dek- dekedek bass, sounds like....Bellmelody like 99 luftballons. Vocoder time again!
6 Different one, piano, another underbass. Lovely melody, vocoder tells the story. This one shows the quality of the producers, they can make a different sound in the same style, and makes this album sounds various and not 12 of the same tracks. It’s a privilege if you can make the sound of your own album without inteference of a A&R, or excutive producer which also want to decide how it should sound.
7. The Area 51 sound we like so much and already heard on the first album. The Koto-a-like bass is still super, the synthsound make this track sound like you want to hear it. The new sound loop makes is from the another time, if that’s what they meaning with it. Lovely female sample and the ‘stops’ (short break/pause) makes this track more exiting.
8. Good to hear this one, fast start, great sample – take them out – and again a new synhtleadsound. The vocoder makes it like it should, a energized Area 51 track with a that famous melody what gives you a good feeling.
9. startsa with a New Area 51 bass, maybe inspired by sounds like Apopygma Bezerk – listen to this when you like it – The first lead makes me think of Kraftwerk or similar. The combination with the synthesizer sounds and effects makes it sound upated new. The samples is used to often, they didn’t have to I think. It’s a house sample a makes me think of the that kind of music and doesn’t fit in this track. But it’s my opion.
10. Standard Laserdance sound, baseline, vocoder and the famous synths and bell makes it a classic produced again. Makes the album various, but also this track from a early and not not another time. Not a track they found a their archive I think, the great guys produce new, but it sounds like it.
11. The new Area sound again, sung with in a happy vocoder style. The well known bass is played different. Great stops again. Old sound make this days, you can hear that fir sure. The toms fill-in is back again. And like alway the different synth sounds are following up on another, so the track keeps fresh. Filtered, and that is a nice thing they didn’t use in the early days
12. Like a balled, they like opera so you hear, not fot the first time, and makes is a special outro or latest track. The album ends as beautiful as it’s started like it should, you know know that it’s ended and you have to start this great cd again.
They did it again, there are many producers, Michiel and Rob are topproducers, the quality is great and the songs are played on way only they can. The more you listen to the album the better it sounds. The song dont’ get bored, every time you play it, you’ll get that special feeling, superb! I played it every night while I’m sitting on my terraza. This is one of the best albums I have for sure.
We will wait for the 3rd album with even more ....and hear what they are producing, probally now when I write this text. Songwriters are always busy with their music, and that exactly what the fans are expecting from them!
With musical greetings from a sunny Spain,
A compilation mix will be made by me, and broadcoasted, I hope, at the local Dutch radiostation WOS www.wos.nl
You better listen evert week to the Dance Club Show
• • •